I don’t really want to memorialize myself–I’m not really anybody. If you don’t know me personally, then everything you need to know should be on the left.
I sometimes get questions about what tools I use, so I thought this would be a good place to refer people to.
Editor + Terminal
- I edit code and most text (and this site!) with Visual Studio Code. This editor is a dream.
- For my command line Linux work I use vim. It is a powerful descendent of vi, which we used back in the day. I can’t tell you how to use it…my fingers just know.
- Both VS Code and vim are set up to use a font combination of Fira Code and Operator Mono.
- I use wsl-terminal, a terminal emulator for the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- I am trying to switch to hyper.js, but right now its true color support is not working.
- My Linux config files are available here. They work for me–but I’m weird.
- I use Text Expander for lots of canned text and auto corrections.
- I use Ditto to keep track of my clipboard.
- Quick Access Popup has been my launcher of choice for years.
- Greenshot for screenshots.
- I hate accidentally hitting keys that I would never use anyway. SharpKeys fixes that.